Monday 8 June 2009

Le Matin

I must mention this before I forget it - I forget things all the time you know. Perhaps this is because I am a deep thinker and am occupied by deep philosophical requirements. Or maybe it is because I drink? Anyhow, what I wish to announce to you is the joy of Le Matin. Le Matin does not begin because our alarm clock rings or the first train of the morning roars. Le Matin begins when the first moments of daylight arrive - even if it is 3 o'clock in the morning -and you see the outline of city silhouettes against the dawn. I see them a lot. Not because I am a milkman but because I am a night owl. If you only arise at 7 or 8 o'clock each day and go to bed in the dark, I can recommend Les Matins to you. Even in a haze of wine or absinthe, I can tell that they really are beautiful. This is how our hearts learn to sing, I believe. These moments of nature operating majestically outside our behest. LZB

No comments:

Post a Comment