Monday 27 July 2009

Excitement, where are you?

I feel so restless. Normally I have things that keep me occupied, even if it's sleeping, but today I am lost and every minute is an hour.

You'd think at my age I am grateful for time slowing down! Instead actually I feel most uncomfortable. I want for the excitement of my youth. I want to be dancing in the rain with some young man (I don't mind which as long as he is handsome), and to be singing in the bars with the old men watching me and wishing that they were young again. I want to have the dreams I had when I was younger, to see the world and make love to princes and be arrested for smoking hashesh where it wasn't allowed, and riding on horses through deserts and diving into the sea from sailing yachts with fishes swimming near my feets, and to wear long dresses and head scarves like an exotic creature drinking cocktails by a piscine and palm trees with the jetsons. No, not jetsons. Jet sets?

Instead of all these marvellous idees I am looking out of a small window at the street while a man with a huge stomach takes boxes from his van into the small marche on the corner. I think it's cherries or something - ah and this one is water, bottles of boring water. Even his boxes are boring.

I could go out to a cafe and see what the tourists are wearing. That's quite good fun in the summer. You can guess which nationalite they are sometimes because of what they wear on their feets. Yes. Shoes are a perfect discovery of somebody's nature. What are you wearing on your feets today? (For me I am wearing only nail paint.) Lzb


Do you need some help with something? Please I'm so bored, I would like to think about your probleme and tell you what I would do. You can email me here: lazybird@amginternet.net and I will read, and think and then put a reply in the probleme section. D'accord. So email me. And then both our problemes will be over! Parfait! x

2 comments:

  1. Okay,s so:
    a) not wearing shoes or varnish (hick that I am- AND I could do with a good foot overhaul, they are disgraceful)
    b) Courgettes, Lazybird; ever frozen them? Or preserved them in any way?
    It's what we do, in the country, see?
    A man with boxes- LUXURY!
    All I can see is courgettes
    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know, I once went to a party and there were trays of fruits and vegetables in all the rooms and they weren't for eating. Oh gosh it was such fun. Businessmen can be really quite adventurous you know. Lzb

    ReplyDelete