Monday 13 July 2009

I am a stalk (is this right?)

Very quick message tonight for you because I KNOW you will want to know that I saw him! You remember the man who bought the whisky for Lucky and I but disappeared? Well, tonight I was just stepping into a taxi and I close the door and there he was, on the other side of the road. At least I think it was him. It was a man and he looked like him - and this man was walking in the direction of the hotel , the one on the Champs Elysees where we had the whisky and Lucky thought it was poison. I felt so excited! I must think of a plan to wait in the hotel to see if I can see him and then talk to him before he vanishes like a magician again. Do I have shame? No, of course I don't. He's gorgeous. I think you call someone who does this a stalk. Is this because they stand behind plants to watch secretly for the other person? I love language. It's so difficult sometimes that it makes me wake up and feel alive! Lzb

2 comments:

  1. Lazybird, hello. It's not stalk. It's 'stalker', in the same way that we say deer-stalker, someone who stalks deers. Stalk is the verb. Stalker is the noun.

    Either way, good luck with your Irish man. When are you going to talk him?! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling, thank you. I have a plan for him. Do your remember that lovely salon near rue Charles Francois Dupuis? I went there today. Now I am smooth. Let's meet for cafe soon. A bientot, Lzb

    ReplyDelete