Thursday 2 July 2009

Shoe Troubles : Part I

Ow, my feet have killed me as you say. This afternoon I went out to see a friend who opened his new shop today. It's not a very usual shop - inside there are wigs, shoes, other peoples clothes, and house objets d'art, as well as many other things. I'm not sure it will be a great success but he is so proud of it. Well, I had to wear something special and so I choose some high heels that are really only for dinner or the bedroom. You don't want to walk the streets in these. (Can I say this?) Anyway I went to see the shop and it was a party of friends and not really for customers. Afterwards we went out nearby in the Marais to drink. It's always so much fun here. Then James, the proprietor, decided he wanted to dance so we went to a dance bar. Of course, I had been drinking champagne since the afternoon and so I forgot my tight shoes and I danced a lot. With everyone! Now I have to pay the cost! They are so painful. I think I've really hurt myself actually. I am going to put them inside a bucket of water. Normally I use fresh mint for my feet water but tonight I am fresh out. This is bad planning. I must remember to bring home some mint when I go out in these shoes again. Lzb

No comments:

Post a Comment