Sunday 5 July 2009

Whisky in the Jarro

Oh my. What a great night. Tonight I met a friend near the Champs Elysees. The bars there are soooo riche. In some I think you have to wear diamonds before you can even clean their bathrooms, they are so particular. She's a maitresse, a mistress, of a very well known businessman. I will call her Lucky, not because she is a type of dog but because it is her pet name (Is this the same thing?). Anyway, the Man has an apartment just for her on the Ile de Cite which is so beautiful. It has three floors and giant wood beams in the ceiling. It's really something else out of this world. I asked her what it cost and we don't know. But her hourly fee must be sooo huge to cover it! Oh how we laughed at this thought. Lucky and I used to wait in these bars when we were younger for eligible men. Tonight, her 'landlord' was out of town with his wife and children so we went drinking like in the old days. Oh my. It was so funny to watch the younger girls who are so gauche and new. We met one in the powder room and gave her advice as if we were her Madame. She was very intelligent actually. I think she will do well. At about 1am we were sitting close to the bar and a man came over and in very funny French asked if he could offer us a drink. He was quite handsome actually. Naturellement we agreed. And then he paid the bar tender and left. When the bar tender brought us a glass each the smell was - oh my! Like something from the poubelle. What is this? laughed Lucky. Is this poison? The bar tender told us the man was Irish and that the drink was whisky. Lucky said she spent enough money on waxing without growing hairs on her chest too. I quite liked it though. I liked the man more. He was polite and restrained and that interested me. I wonder if he will be in Paris for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment